Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Queen of Swords

Today I again pulled the Queen of Swords card. I also pulled this card last week and because I already wrote an article about court cards, this is a nice addition to it.
Though I don't really dislike any card in the deck, I would rather not see myself as the Queen of Swords. The reason lies in the fact that she seems kind of cold to me. She shows only one side of her face. To me that feels as if she isn't very open. Not in touch with her feelings.
The fact is, when I'm not feeling okay, I am distant and maybe a little cold. This is not something I like about myself, so I guess this card works as a mirror to me.


Of course there are also a lot of positive things to say about this card. She seems to be a honest person, who will look at the facts and will not be influenced by things other people say. I think she is a strait forward, no nonsense kind of girl.
While I'm typing this I start to recognize more and more about myself.
That's the beauty of tarot I think!!!

1 comment:

Jolanda said...

The Queen of Swords has more water in her than you think. Queens in itself are water cards. The fact of this water aspect connected to the air aspect makes her think a lot about her feelings. She's a thinker, but she definately feels a lot.
At least that's how I see her. I like pulling the QoS for myself since it means to me that I'm using my intelligent side :-). I'd rather not have the water-water Queen of Cups. She's the whiner, "gimme some attention puleaze" girl...
It all depends on how you look at it and from what kind of frame of reference.
Jolanda